|Welcome to the NBHS Old Boys' Association !|
Gary "Gus" Gilmour
The briefing notes circulated to the first Steering Committee meeting on 7 January 1987 listed the following aims:
- Share expertise between reunion committees.
- Maintain a master class list and mailing list.
- Annual dinner (all years), as per the NGHS Ex-Students Union.
Relics, memorabilia: collect, restore, preserve, catalogue and display.
- Personal photographs, printed matter: copy and return.
- School relics (gates, honour rolls, flag etc): recover.
- School prizes, student donations: current status
The body of former students, covering almost all of this century, has a wide range of professional and personal experience from which we could all draw, to our individual benefit, and that of Newcastle.
By the time the Constitution was drafted, the following important aim was added:
" To solicit, acquire, establish, administer and award gifts, bequests, scholarships, prizes and benefits for students of Newcastle High School and Waratah High School and such other schools as the Association from time to time may determine."
The Constitution was modified on incorporation of the Association.
Dick Sanders & Dale Kemp 1987